8.25.2011

Family Room

Our family room is one of our favorite places in the house to hang out.  It's also the first thing you see when you walk in the front door, and the next stop on my home tour!  If you want to see the rest of the tour so far, click on the button in my left sidebar or click here.  I have also been playing around with my DSLR camera, a Nikon D40, a little bit more, so I hope my interior photos are improving a tad.
I love my piano, but it is a bit crowded upstairs.  Once we finish the large family room in the basement (some day, but not anytime soon), I'd like to move the piano or the television stand downstairs.  When we were looking for houses, I decided that I didn't necessarily need a formal sitting room, and for the most part it's been great.  We love having the family room, dining area, and kitchen all in one big room, but every once in a while it would be nice to have a formal room for the piano, some sitting chairs, and a little privacy from the rest of the house. 
Yep, that's the birdcage that I repainted with crackle glaze.  I still love it. 
And that's my tea-stained IKEA lamp, crackle-glazed clock, and chalkboard sign.  As you can see, I do a lot of projects for my home's decor.  Part of the reason for that is to save money, and the other part is so I get exactly what I have envisioned.  It's a win-win.
We love having this sectional.  It is great for entertaining, but it does take up a lot of space in the family room.  Eventually, I'd like to move it to the basement as well.  One thing that I would like to do much sooner is to paint that wall with all the windows.  I'd like to paint it (sometime this fall) the same brown we have on the wall behind the piano and television, except bring the green from the kitchen into the bay window. 

Another project I have started to think about for this room is a slipcover for the piano bench.  Overall, I am pretty pleased with this room.  Next time, I'll be showing you around the rest of our giant common room, the kitchen and dining area.

2 comments:

Charisse and Kory said...

I love, love, love your wall color in there! It is so warm and cozy!

Audrey @ The Cloth Parcel said...

Thanks, Charisse! It's great to hear from you. We love the walls, too. The color is "Belgian Sweet" from Behr, and I can't wait to put it on more of our walls.