9.05.2011

Kitchen and Dining Nook

 
Picking up where we left off in the family room, let's head into the kitchen and dining nook.  If you remember from last time, the family room, kitchen, and dining are all in one big room in our house. 
I love the wall color in the kitchen, and the overall decor.  The door opens to a pretty decently-sized pantry.  I made the shade above the sink with some help from my mom.  The dining area could use a little bit of love.
I would love to find a great old buffet to refinish for that wall, and I'd like to continue the green paint into the bay window.  I did the art myself, and the curtains in the bay.  I also refinished all the dining chairs about a year ago.  The high chair is a necessary evil.  I would love a better-looking one, but this one works great and was free, so I wasn't able to justify the cost on that one.  Here's a close-up of the art.  The background and branches are painted, and the flowers, birds, berries, etc. are all paper. 
Since that's all there really is to see in the dining nook, let's head back into the kitchen.  This is the view from the dining nook.
I don't have a ton of counter space, but the pantry and island help a lot with storage issues.
Here's a view of the kitchen that I see a lot when I am cooking and/or cleaning.  You can see my do-it-yourself knife magnet on the side of the fridge. 

Well, that's about it for the kitchen.  The only other rooms on the upstairs level that we haven't visited yet are the laundry room and the master bedroom and bathroom; and since we already visited the craft room in the basement, there is only the play room and giant unfinished family room to see.  Until our next visit, feel free to look back on all the other rooms we've seen so far.
Coming soon: bird nest necklaces, white chocolate cheesecake, and menu plan clipboard.

No comments: