10.27.2011

Birch Trees Art

I finished painting these birch tree canvases for our master bathroom a couple of weeks ago.  It took a little bit longer than I expected, but the extra work was definitely worth the work to get the look I was going for.  Originally, I was going to do these two-toned, but it never looked quite right.  Once I changed the stripes on the trees to black, added slight shadows, and washed the grey with a slightly darker grey, things really looked better!  Here's a close-up:
I used a white paint in gloss and the other colors in matte to give another dimension to the pieces, but you'll have to wait to see that part of it until I finish up the rest of the master bathroom.  Since these are hung in our bathroom, I sprayed the canvases with two coats of matte artwork sealer to protect them from condensation and splashing water. 

Once we finish caulking the new trim, I will be able to get home tour photos of the master bathroom!  Also, the piano bench re-upholstery project and painting the hallway to the garage purple are finished, both with amazing results.  We also found some great Craftsman style knobs on clearance at Lowe's for our kitchen cabinets and installed them.  We had a very productive weekend last week, and I can't wait to show you all of our recently finished projects.

1 comment:

Tom Brinton said...

Dang those trees looks profesh! If I need album art I know who to ask!!!