I finished the window treatment in the kitchen with a lot of help from my mom. We had neither done this exact shade before, so we basically made it up as we went. The sides are hemmed and the top and bottom were finished with bias tape.
We had a little bit of leftover fabric, so the other day we made a couple of matching pillows for the couch; which, incidentally, was another thing on my list of projects.
Thanks to my mom's stash of fabric and trim, we didn't have to buy anything to do the pillows. I already had the forms, too.
I was going to ditch my other pillows, but they actually look nice with the new ones! We are hoping to get to work on the nursery this weekend. I have started packing stuff up and moving it out, plus we set up the crib and changing table. Our new glider should arrive early next week. I am going to do my best to get before, during, and after photos of the process.
Here's the updated list (I love marking things off!)
- Make fabric boxes for the new changing table (still looking for a great tutorial, will let you know when I find one!)
Finish fall wreath (work in progress!)
- Paint birdcage cream or light yellow
- Find a buffet to paint for the dining area
- Get chairs for the front porch
- Get potted plants for the driveway
- Build shelves on either side of the washer and dryer
- Take door off coat closet, paint, and put cubbies inside
New couch pillows
- Install wall shelf in main bathroom
- Refinish piano
- Make some green frames to match green stained table
- Fix leg on green table
- Get or build a picnic table for the backyard
Sew kitchen curtain (work in progress!)
- Sew changing pad covers
Make flower hairclips
- Turn craft room into nursery
- Laundry room makeover