10.18.2010

Changing Pad Covers

When we got our changing table, the pad that came with it was boring, white, and plastic-y.  Waterproof, yes; but stylish, no.  I had some baby print flannel on hand, so I thought I would see what I could do with that.

Luckily, I had just enough to fit the changing pad perfectly.  It was seriously meant to be.  I used a yard of flannel and four buttons to make a sort-of duvet cover for the pad.
Since I have already had a baby, I knew that I would want an extra to have on hand.  I also had a yard of this flannel in my fabric:
This is one of the last projects that I had planned for the new baby!  Now I am not quite sure what to do with myself.

2 comments:

McKell said...

so i am looking through your posts from 2010 & have missed so much! this is awesome Audrey! i honestly just bought a changing table & pad for our baby. do you have a tutorial for this? i'd love to make one :)

Audrey @ The Cloth Parcel said...

I don't have a tutorial for this one, mostly because my mom did most of it for me! I can tell you that it took almost exactly a yard of flannel, and we just tried to make the button opening look like the duvet cover for my bed. Three of the sides are just straight-stitched, then the other one has a row of four buttons. Hope that helps!