10.16.2010

Car Seat Canopy

Since I spent so much time trying to balance a blanket on top of the car seat last time I had a baby, I decided to buckle down and make a canopy/tent/cover/whatever-you-want-to-call-it.  I found some white minky on sale for the inside, and I got this great Alexander Henry fabric for the outside.  Since I spent a little bit more on specialty and designer fabrics, the total cost was around $20, thanks to some great coupons.  

I used this tutorial for the basic measurements and such, but I didn't end up making it reversible, so I only have the straps on the outside.  As I was making this helping my mom make this, I thought that it would make a pretty cute blanket one day if you just unpick the straps once you are done using it with the carrier car seat.

My due date is a month from Monday, so the anticipation is really growing!  I can't wait to use all the cute stuff we have been accumulating lately. 

No comments: