3.11.2010

Kitchen Paint and Cabinet Decor

Ta-da! The kitchen painting is done. I also acquired some pieces for above the cabinets, some from the store and others from around the house. I am amazed at how much of a difference it makes to have stuff up there. It feels so much better! I love the lemons up top, and they really tie in with my artwork and my pale yellow Kitchen-Aid. Above the cabinets, you will also see some tin pieces, green ceramic canisters, a cream vase, a brown wooden sign, and juniper garland.

Here's the before shot just to remind everyone how boring this kitchen used to look:
Here are the after shots:


I am still considering doing new artwork for the dining wall, as well as some wooden spoons or something above the stove or next to the pantry door. Here is the updated list of things I want to do for the kitchen:
  • Paint
  • Figure out some kind of decor for above the cabinets
  • Get my linens coordinated/pared down
  • Find some new wall decor
  • Organize the counter tops
  • Finding a new dining table/chairs or (most likely) redoing the current ones
Here are a few things I would like to add to the list now that I am further into the project:
  • Get some great new centerpieces
  • Find or make a new tablecloth
  • Organize the top of the island
So far I am loving what I have done.  It is already hard to imagine it how it used to look.  I am thinking I will probably start on the artwork/wall decor and island organization next.  Next Tuesday, I will post some artwork inspiration photos, and we'll go from there.

5 comments:

Cami said...

It looks great! Color on the wall adds such a different feel to your kitchen. I LOVE it!

Sara said...

wow! your kitchen looks awesome! good job! :)

katie hanson said...

i love the color you chose for your walls! :) last year, i designed my parents' kitchen remodel. it was a lot of fun and a lot of work!

I found your blog through the Etsy forums and just wanted to say hi and that you have a new follower! Have a beautiful week!

xo, Katie

http://www.kateandoli.blogspot.com

Amie McCracken said...

Very cool. It's coming together well.

Clark + Kjerstin said...

I love the new kitchen color! It really makes everything else stand out! I can't wait till I have a chance to have fun with my kitchen! I just need you to design it :)