11.18.2011

Baby Mobile Refashions

Nearly a year after my littlest girl was born, I finally got around to putting a mobile on her crib.  And that's only because my mom already had the frame and animals!  To quickly personalize it for her pennant nursery, we added the ribbon pennants and fabric covering for the arm using leftover fabrics from her quilt and name banner.  It was actually a pretty quick project, and she loves to watch the animals spin around.

In my older daughter's room, we recently moved her into a twin bed, so we had to take her mobile down, as seen in the photo below:
She missed "her birds", so I used the components of the mobile, a 12" embroidery hoop, and some ribbon to create a new bird hanger for her room.
The birds are back!  This was also a pretty quick project, since I already had everything ready to go.  I made a quilt for the new "big girl" room, which I will post next with another quilt that my mom and I finished for my craft room.