I started working on my projects list this week. I realized that I am running out of time before the baby comes! Today I finished a fall wreath I have been thinking about and made some flower hair clips for both the girl we have and the one that is coming.
The wreath was easy, because I had the wooden wreath form already. I bought a fall garland at Walmart and wrapped the ribbon and tied a bow. The streaming ribbon ends are actually another piece of ribbon that I then tied around the middle of the bow.
Easy peasy. Plus, I can easily change it up for the next season or whenever I get tired of it.
Here are the flower clips I made. These were super easy as well. All I did is get a bunch of fake flowers at Walmart, take them apart, and put them back together how I wanted. Some of them, like the giant daisy, I didn't even change. I hot-glued them to ribbon-covered clips and glued a fancy button in the center. Done.
Besides burning my fingertips a bajillion times, this project went great!
After today's adventures, here is my updated project list:
- Make fabric boxes for the new changing table (still looking for a great tutorial, will let you know when I find one!)
Finish fall wreath (work in progress!)
- Paint birdcage cream or light yellow
- Find a buffet to paint for the dining area
- Get chairs for the front porch
- Get potted plants for the driveway
- Build shelves on either side of the washer and dryer
- Take door off coat closet, paint, and put cubbies inside
- New couch pillows
- Install wall shelf in main bathroom
- Refinish piano
- Make some green frames to match green stained table
- Fix leg on green table
- Get or build a picnic table for the backyard
- Sew kitchen curtain (work in progress!)
- Sew changing pad covers
Make flower hairclips
- Turn craft room into nursery
- Laundry room makeover
Tomorrow, I may have a chance to finish the kitchen curtain that I have assembled all the supplies for.
Just to be clear, I am not planning on finishing all of these projects before our baby is born. Especially since that will be in like 10-11 weeks.