I want a beautiful kitchen, don't you? Luckily, I already have wonderful granite countertops, glazed alder cabinets, and brand new stainless steel appliances. A great starting point, I think.
But. It's not mine. I didn't really make any of those decisions. I am going to make it mine, and I am starting a new mini-series for Tuesdays to chronicle my process of making a gorgeous kitchen where I love to spend my time.
Step One: Paint
I finally decided on a color for my kitchen wall: Moss Green.
I have already tested the color on the wall and purchased the gallon of paint. So this week's project will be to paint the walls. Next Tuesday, I will post photos of the paint job.
Other things I will be doing in the kitchen:
- Figuring out some kind of decor for above the cabinets
- Getting my linens coordinated/pared down
- Finding some new wall decor
- Organizing the counter tops
- Finding a new dining table/chairs or (most likely) redoing the current ones