12.23.2009

Christmas Traditions Past

It's Wednesday! This is my last blogging day before my Christmas break. Since I am feeling so in the Christmas spirit, I thought I would talk about some of my favorite Christmas traditions from when I was a kid.
  1. On Christmas Eve, everyone gets to open one present- a new set of pajamas that you wear to bed that night.
  2. The next morning, all the kids line up from youngest to oldest and march to the stockings.
  3. Next, we eat Icelandic pancakes (think crepes but thinner) for breakfast and anticipate running to the tree.
  4. Once we get the go-ahead, everyone runs to the tree to try to decipher which pile belongs to which kid.
  5. All the presents are passed out, and we go around the family (once again from youngest to oldest) opening one present at a time.
What are some of your favorite Christmas traditions?

No comments: