4.03.2012

Easter Dresses 2012

I decided to try something new for Easter dresses this year.  Last year, I didn't even consider making my daughters' dresses.  I guess a lot has changed in the last year, and thanks to discovering a lot of new sewing blogs, I felt like this might be something I could handle.
I picked up a pattern at Walmart, New Look 6448, and decided on variation A.  It said "Easy" right on front, so I thought it would be on my level, but that was a bit of an overstatement.  I ended up needing a lot of explanation of pattern terms and techniques from my sewing instructor. (hi, Mom!)  I'm sure I would have messed something up without her.  Now that I have done these, though, I do feel like I might be able to do more by myself in the future.
For the fabric flower embellishment, I sewed together three rolled fabric flowers of different sizes and a little bit of lace trim.  They turned out exactly how I wanted, so that was great.
The sashes just tie in a simple bow in the back. 
I hope I can get a good photo of my girls in their dresses.  My oldest went and got her leg broken on the trampoline over the weekend, so that hot pink cast has become an unexpected accessory and will make an adventure for Easter egg hunting.
Now the real question: Do I use the leftover fabric to make some sort of banded matching skirt for me. . ?  I have a simple pattern I have been meaning to try, so maybe I'll get brave and energetic and give it a try.
Linked up: Sugar Bee Crafts

4 comments:

Cary said...

Your dresses are adorable. Just think of all the things you can sew. I stopped in from the Sugar Bee Craft Link Party.

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

Beautiful! You did such a great job! =)

~T~ said...

My mom always sewed Easter dresses for my sisters and me. I would do the same, if I had girls. Good job!

Michele said...

adorable and your daughter looks pretty happy considering what she just went through. Poor thing.
Love the dresses!