3.26.2012

Wooden Easter Eggs

Easter is fast approaching, so with that in mind I bought these unfinished wooden egg cutouts from Wood Creations and gussied them up.  I am not always huge into wood crafts, but these were just too cute to pass up!  I also had a lot of fun with the design and method on these.
I got all my supplies at Hobby Lobby, which include the paint, ribbon in a scrap pack, scrapbook paper, and that awesome flocked glitter.  Isn't that just neat?  First, I painted each egg with about three coats of acrylic craft paint.  Once that was dry, I decoupaged the paper onto each egg.  Next, I did the flocked glitter.  I used a Martha Stewart ball point glue pen (best idea ever) and drew a line of glue along all the paper edges.  I spread the flocked glitter along the glue and kind of pressed it down to make sure it got glued evenly.
As a finishing touch, I tied lengths of ribbon around each egg.  On the two biggest eggs, I tied little extra pieces around the knot to give it a little bit more substance.
 
I just love how bright, fun, happy, etc. these little babies are.  Who else is super excited for Easter now?!?

No comments: