2.18.2012

Houndstooth Fabric Test Swatches

I love getting mail from Spoonflower.  I designed a simple houndstooth pattern for my mom, so we could do custom colors of brown and black.  I also printed a fat quarter of the pattern large-scale on linen canvas to make either a pillow for my couch or a new wallet, or both if I am lucky.  I also tried out a few other fun color combos in small-scale.  Two of the color combos had to be tweaked, so I don't have the samples of them yet.  However, the Orange Dream version turned out really well the first time:
This is an 8"x8" test swatch on the new Kona cotton.  Love it!

This last photo is the brown/black combo in a full yard printed in the small scale.
I am really excited to get started on some projects with my new fabric!  These designs are also available to the public for order.  You can get brown/black large scale, brown/black small scale, orange/white, jade/grey, and aqua/butter.  I also got some other test swatches that I'll be showing off early next week.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

So so awesome Audrey! Makes me want to sew--I love the brown/black!!