1.25.2012

New for the Fabric Stash

I got some new kinds of fabric at Joann's yesterday for some new kinds of projects- apparel!  I haven't made many clothing items yet, and especially not for me.  So, in the spirit of trying something new, I bought a couple of red tag prints on apparel fabric and a couple of basic knits. 

I am starting to have a sort of fabric problem, but it hasn't been going on long enough to classify it as an obsession quite yet.  The top fabric is a beautifully soft cotton lawn, the green and brown print is a light poly linen, and the grey and black are both nice-quality knits.

The plan is for most or all of these fabrics to turn into skirts or dresses for me.  I'm anticipating a bit of mistake-making with these, but I have a few ideas and patterns, and one day soon I will get started on some clothes!  As it turns out, my new place mats are quite popular, so I am already doing another run (I'm currently in the midst of sewing them together, my least favorite part) and working on a new design for kitchen towels and place mats.

No comments: