6.20.2011

Father's Day Recap

In addition to the Father's Day Tie Banner that I shared a few days ago, I also did some other fun homemade gifts for Dad this year.
I had some of my neighborhood girls over, and we tried the Tin Can Treats from Our Best Bites, filling them with Whoppers, M&M's, Skittles, peach rings, and my favorite caramel corn.  I also got the cheap kitchen towels at IKEA ($0.79 each) to give as "grilling towels".  I don't like my regular kitchen towels going outside, so I thought these would make good replacements.  We did hand and foot stamps on the towels with the kids.  I would recommend feet only for babies, unless you have someone else to help you.  We used Speedball screen printing ink and painted it on with foam brushes.

For dessert, I tried this recipe for Oreo Cheesecake.  It was pretty dang good, although the center was a little soft for my liking.  Next time I will probably cook it 5-10 minutes longer, even though Dad liked it just fine this way.
It was really nice to have a food processor for the crust, since I haven't used one in the past.  And since there are only two adults in the house, we may try cutting up a few of the leftover pieces and freezing them to put in shakes.  I also found a great deal on a compound miter saw from Slickdeals, so Dad got his tool fix for a few months as well, plus we can get working on some more DIY furniture projects.

We had a fabulous Father's Day and hope you did, too!

No comments: