4.06.2010

Rainbow Cupcakes Trial

I introduced this recipe for Rainbow Cupcakes a couple of weeks ago, and I finally got around to mixing it up for myself last night.  

Here's what I thought about it:
  • Wow!  Talk about moist cupcakes!
  • Using gel food coloring (Wilton brand) made a huge difference in the intensity of the colors.
  • Overall, it was a very easy recipe.
  • The butter cream frosting recipe was yummy, but pretty standard (read: nothing new).
I had a really good time making these with my husband.  We made one pan of regular sized cupcakes and one pan of mini cupcakes.  The cooking time for the mini cupcakes was 12 minutes instead of 18, but that was the only difference.

These cupcakes look very impressive for the amount of time involved, so if you are looking to make a big splash, these will do the trick!
P.S. I have no idea how they get the frosting to look so smooth.  I used the same frosting recipe and everything.  I just put it on with a butter knife, and that works for me, but if you know the secret for smooth frosting on cupcakes, let me know!

5 comments:

T@PoppyPlacePdx said...

Too Cute! T. :)

DK said...

Wow, those are reallllly bright! Awesome :)

Kawartha Beads said...

Those look amazingly yummy!!! Will have to try them out, I'm sure my little dude would enjoy taste testing!

Erica said...

those look great! Did they use a pastery bag to frost thier cupcakes? that is the only thing I can think of. those would be awesome for a childs birthday ( or min, for that matter)

Erica said...

(that was supposed to say mine, not min)