4.15.2010

Hiatus

Hey everybody!  Sorry for the unannounced hiatus. . . I needed a few days to get myself reorganized.  I have decided that I am not the best housekeeper, but that doesn't mean I can't try to keep things nice.  The last week I spent doing some of the following:
  • Cleaning bathrooms
  • Cleaning bedrooms
  • Doing yardwork (lawn is set to be planted at the end of the month)
  • Sweeping and mopping the wood floors
  • Organizing the desk
  • Making white chocolate chip cookies
  • Celebrating my little bro's birthday
  • Doing a billion loads of laundry
  • Working on the latest project and discovering it in the destructive hands of my 14 mo. girl (still working on repairs)
  • Discovering that I really like days when I get a lot of things done
  • Acquiring a new (to me) trampoline, lawn mower, and silk tree; all for free!
  • Just picking stuff up and loving the warmer weather
It may not sound like a lot to you (supermoms), but I feel so refreshed and recharged!  The feeling is amazing.  I also found a link to this blog, where I was delighted to read part two of Obvious Tips for Not-Very-Good Homemakers.  Now, I am pretty crafty and all that, but the actual keeping of the home is one of my weaker points.  No, I don't have a cleaning schedule.  No, I don't make a great meal every night.  In fact, a lot of nights I make my husband cook something.  Sshhh.  Don't tell.  I am working on these things, but hey, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Hoping to finish the project for you to view on Monday.

1 comment:

Cynthia Mann said...

You're so good at everything else, it's kind of nice to hear you're not good at everything. :) I loved that article you linked. I didn't know anyone who had housekeepers until I moved to this house. Now EVERYONE has ladies that come clean their house for them! Wouldn't that be nice... :) Can't wait to see your finished project!