12.13.2010

Winter Wreath Chandelier

I mentioned wanting to do this project a few weeks ago, if anyone remembers, but I wasn't quite sure how it would turn out.  I think I'll call this one a success.  It's not huge, but it looks really great in my dining area.

 All I had to do was unwrap the ribbon and garland from my fall wreath and I had a great base for my faux chandelier.
 I grabbed the snowflake ornaments, silver tinsel garland, and glittery ribbon in the holiday section of Walmart.  All I had to do was wrap the tinsel, tie the snowflakes on, and string it up by the ribbon.  I installed a hook above the dining area (all by myself; go me!) and hung it above the table.

The best part is that I can still reuse the wreath again if I want to take it all apart.  I was also able to use the rest of the tinsel garland for the tree, so now we have a nice silver glitter theme going on.

I'd like to start some fun holiday traditions for our family, so I'll be showcasing some we already have and some I'd like to start.  Leave a comment or email me if you have any fun traditions you'd like to share.
 

No comments: