12.20.2011

Reindeer Welcome Sign

My mom gave me this reindeer welcome sign that had a much more traditional color scheme.  I can't believe I forgot to take a picture.  The outer wood frame and stake part were plain wood with an oak stain, and the parts that I painted silver were red with green accents.  I didn't hate it, but I wanted to try something new with it.
First, I spray-painted everything white, then I got some cool metallic paint in silver and did that part by hand.  I also found some glitter paint that I thought would be a fun accent.  I didn't expect it to be so clear, but I still like how it turned out.
I cut the "welcome" letters out in white vinyl on my Silhouette and put them on, and all-in-all this project really only took me an afternoon once I had it sprayed white.  My only problem now is that none of the rest of my decor matches, but I'll have to see what I can do about that with Christmas clearance sales!

No comments: